December 22, 2008

Robbie's First Santa Visit





Kevin and I have attempted to see the Santa at the mall on three separate occassions now. On all three occassios we have waited in line (once for 5 minutes and twice for about 15 - 20 minutes) just to be told that they are cutting off the line in front of us and to please come back. Yesterday it was the last straw. I happened to remember that the wonderful owners of the Pelham Road Schlotzsky's Deli had Santa come in for a few hours. They took pictures, printed and emailed them for free. They also provide gingerbread and sugar cookies as well as drinks. Kevin and I were so blessed to meet this wonderful couple - and their in-laws and are very thankful for the wonderful experience. Santa told us that his good friend the Easter Bunny will also be visiting. We will not be using the mall ever again!
Robbie did very well with Santa, as expected at this age. He gave Kevin and I his famous, "what the heck is going on" face, but he just went with the flow. I imagine that next year will be a little different, but I plan on taking this photo out next year and showing it to Robbie. I want to let him see that he already knows Santa and has already sat on his lap - we will see if it works. If not, we will have a fabulously funny picture of Robbie screaming on Santa's lap!

2 comments:

Katie/The Family Chef said...

I'm going to guess that he'll still be fine with Santa next year but the year AFTER, he'll be scared. But hopefully he'll only be scared for one year. Maybe you'll be luckier than I was and have a child that isn't scared of Santa EVER! Good luck! :)

Merry First Christmas, Robbie!!

Brooke said...

His eyes are gorgeous...I swear they got bigger since Thanksgiving!! Your neighbors better lock up their daughters..hehe!!