August 20, 2009

Grandpa Frank's Visit

Well, my dad just left a couple of days ago and we were so busy having a good time that I didn't bring out my camera once! I know, I know! But my dad did take some good pictures, so maybe those pictures will find their way to the blog.

We had a great visit. We both landed at the airport on Friday (I was in LA all week and dad came from Omaha). We had steaks on the grill - they were fabulous - and beers on the patio. Saturday we visited the farmers market and bought some incredible produce and barbeque sauce. We ate at dad's favorite restaurant, The Lazy Goat. Robbie had hummus, pimento cheese, bread, carrots, celery, steak, tomatoes and even had homemade french fries . . . shh, don't tell Kevin! Saturday night Kevin made an incredible dinner for us - a spicy rubbed Mahi Mahi with a roasted yellow pepper pesto sauce. It was insanely good, and I don't really like fish. We had a lazy day on Sunday and Monday. Oh my dad finally taught me how to make his famous spicy spaghetti sauce. Hot sausage, onions, green pepper, spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. Yum yum. As you can see our visit revolved around good food and drinking on the patio each night - oh and we watched a few movies too.

My mom and Grandpa flew in last night so I am one lucky girl to have family visiting for two weeks! We are planning a weekend at the beach, but are a little worried about the hurricane! Hopefully we can still enjoy a nice beach weekend. I will post with pictures later!

1 comment:

Rachael Hamilton said...

Hey! I'm glad you are getting so much family time in! I look foward to hearing about your Mom's visit and seeing pictures.